Friday, April 16, 2010

Everything in a Nutshell

So I'm not for sure if I really should be blogging about this but I have had so much go on these past two weeks I just need to let some steam out. So Grant was in a really bad accident about two weeks ago. He was on his way home from Bloomington, he ran off the road. Accroding to the report that I have been hearing he set in his truck from anywhere to an hour or two hours before they got to him. The only reason they are say that is because all the blood in his truck was dry. So some time between the time the got there to and the time they put him on the helicopter they had to intubate him because his heart rate when down and his metal status went down hill. When I got the call from John the morning after we didn't even know that much. So we had to head to Indy. So I'm not even really sure I can talk about this next part without cry. Not knowing exactly what shape Grant was in was the worst feeling I have ever had. Because the nurse really didn't tell John much of anything except that Grant was on vent to help him breath and they were monitoring his brain pressure.

The whole to way to Indy I was really preparing myself to aspect the worst. I really though hat I was going to have to say good bye to the father of my child, my best friend, my boyfriend my rock. He is everything to me. Even tho we aren't married we practically are all we need is that silly little paper. When we finally go that there and saw him I just broke down and cry nobody was in the room with me when I did cry. For some odd reason I wouldn't let anybody see me cry. I just didn't want people to know I was crying I guess I was trying to be strong. Grant was on a vent and an ICP monitor which is the thing they were using to monitor is brain pressure. Those two days were the scariest two days of my life. When he did finally get off of all the monitors they had and x-ray done and part of his lung was collapsed. The only bones that were broken bones in his body was in his face. Which were fractures in his cheek and the bone around his eye. Which he got those fixed this pass Wednesday. I know he is very very lucky and can not express how happy I am to have him home here with me and Anna.

1 comment:

  1. i can't imagine how you were feeling. i'm so thankful Grant is home with you guys now! Thanks for calling Ryan that day too, he was so glad to hear from you. He was a mess when he heard.

    p.s. your new header is ADORABLE!